Kern Community Foundation Announces 2020 Philanthropy on Tap Presenting Nonprofits!
Kern Community Foundation is pleased to announce the 2020 lineup of presenting agencies in our Nonprofit Showcase Series, Philanthropy on Tap, conducted in partnership with the Greater Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce and its Bakersfield Young Professionals (BYP) Program.
The purpose of Philanthropy on Tap is to introduce the work of a wide range of nonprofits to the greater community, and highlight opportunities for philanthropic and volunteer engagement with them. In a relaxed setting, over drinks and hors d’oeuvres courtesy of Kern Community Foundation, we are helping to expand strategic networking connections between our for-profit and nonprofit partners in the spirit of our mission:
“Growing community. Growing philanthropy.”
In 2020, events will be held from 5:30 to 7 p.m. on the Tuesdays below at two popular Bakersfield locations:
- Imbibe Wine & Spirits Merchant, 4140 Truxtun Ave.
- Temblor Brewing Company, 3200 Buck Owens Blvd.
Congratulations to the 8 organizations selected from a competitive pool of a total 28 that applied!
- February 4 at Imbibe: Junior League of Bakersfield
- April 7 at Temblor: Southern Sierra Council, Boy Scouts of America
- June 2 at Imbibe: Covenant Community Services
- August 4 at Temblor: PathPoint
- September 1 at Temblor: Double-Header Featuring Helping Animals Live Tomorrow (H.A.L.T.) Rescue & Strength of Shadow (S.O.S.) Dog Rescue
- October 6 at Imbibe: Bakersfield Pregnancy Center
- December 1 at Temblor: Be Finally Free
You can also view the current schedule of Philanthropy on Tap events through the end of 2020 at kernfoundation.org/events.