Through grantmaking, members of the Women's and Girls' Fund become philanthropists and advocates of positive social change. We rely on community research, data and the participation of community members to identify an area of focus each year. Issues of focus can range from women's and girls' health and economic concerns to safety and domestic violence, education, and more. We value social change grantmaking that focuses on long-term solutions to societal problems facing women and girls in all parts of Kern County. Additional information is available in our grant policies and in the application materials below. Contact us to learn more, or view our brochure.
As a field of interest fund of the Kern Community Foundation, we comply with the Foundationís grant-making guidelines. Organizations should have a 501(c)(3) nonprofit designation or fiscal sponsor. All organizations seeking funds must have a presence in Kern County and all programs must benefit women or girls within Kern County.
Funding is typically for one year only. Multi-year grant requests may be considered, but applicant should also be prepared to accept one yearís funding only. All requested follow-up reports for previous grants from the Foundation (including The Womenís and Girlsí Fund) must be on file before an agency can apply for additional funding.
Nonprofits submitting full applications should have a complete, up to date organizational profile online at Kern Community Foundationís Nonprofit Search site. Contact the Foundation for more information and assistance in completing an organizational profile.
- September 2012 - Announcement of Focus Area: Education & Training
- September 2012 - Request for Letters of Intent to Apply opened to Kern nonprofits
- November 8, 2012 (4:00 p.m.) - Letters of Intent to Apply due by email
- December 14, 2012 - Invitations / Declinations to Apply are emailed
- January 9, 2013 (11:00-1:00) - Grant-writing tutorial offered (optional)
- February 12, 2013 (noon) - Application packets due
- February 21, 2013 (1:00-5:00 p.m.) - Interviews with Grants Allocation Committee
- March 22, 2013 - Grantees notified
- May 1, 2013 - Grants awarded at 9th annual luncheon of Women's & Girls' Fund
September 14, 2012
February 12, 2013