Report to the Community – Give Big Kern 2020: The Year COVID Couldn’t Stop Good!
Close to three quarters of a million dollars! That’s how much money was raised by 125 Kern County nonprofits through Give Big Kern, hosted by Kern Community Foundation. Observed as “One Day to Celebrate the Giving Spirit of Kern County!” on the first Tuesday in May, which this year was May 5, 2020’s Give Big Kern turned out to be our most successful Online Day of Giving yet, despite the COVID-19 crisis.
Click on the image or the following hyperlink to access a downloadable copy of our Report to the Community – Give Big Kern 2020: The Year COVID Couldn’t Stop Good!
In this report, you will find:
- An analysis of this year’s accomplishments and areas for improvement;
- The reasons for Give Big Kern’s continued success even in the face of our current era’s most overwhelming health and financial challenge;
- A listing of competitive and opportunity drawing prize winners;
- An acknowledgment of our sponsors;
- Important lessons learned that will help us plan for Give Big Kern 2021;
- A very telling snapshot of the aspirations and concerns of Give Big Kern’s participating nonprofits, with a call to action for more members of our community to get involved in helping to meet their needs;
- And more!
Please share this report with others–especially nonprofits, to encourage any that have not yet participated in Give Big Kern to consider doing so next year.
Also, save the date for next year’s Give Big Kern: May 4, 2021!
And as our Mascot, Billy the Give Big Goat, likes to say, “Happy r-e-e-e-a-a-d-i-n-g!”