Give Big Kern 2020 Sponsorship Opportunities
Hello, Local Philanthropists and Community-Minded Business Partners!
Here’s your chance to support Kern County’s ENTIRE nonprofit sector all at once by sponsoring Kern Community Foundation’s Online Day of Giving, Give Big Kern: One Day to Celebrate the Giving Spirit of Kern County!—winner of the 2019 Beautiful Bakersfield Award for helping to create “A Better Bakersfield.”
Coming up on its fifth year and held on the first Tuesday in May—which falls auspiciously on a fun date on the 2020 calendar: Cinco de Mayo!—this countywide crowdfunding event affords sponsors a highly impactful and visible way to practice philanthropy. You can be part of a Nonprofit Strengthening effort that increases the visibility, capacity and sustainability of over 100 local charities, giving them the means to raise unrestricted dollars while growing their donor and volunteer pools.
Your gift will allow Kern Community Foundation to empower participating charitable organizations with the following tools and services FREE OF CHARGE:
- Access to their own fundraising page on GiveBigKern.org, an easy-to-use, state-of-the-art crowdfunding platform from GiveGab, an industry leader managing close to 110 giving days across 48 states;
- Customized training on online fundraising, social media & email marketing, event planning, board engagement, and donor/volunteer cultivation;
- Printed and downloadable marketing materials in English & Spanish to help them promote their giving day campaigns widely for maximum effect; and
- Motivational cash prizes to encourage greater community engagement.
Two ways to help:
- Become a Monetary Sponsor at the $1,000 to $20,000 level. Click here to download our Four-page Sponsorship Pamphlet, which highlights Give Big Kern’s record-setting results in 2019 (close to $430,000 raised!) and outlines the benefits to you as a 2020 Sponsor. Sponsorships purchased before year-end 2019 may be claimed as tax-deductible donations in the current tax year (our EIN#: 77-0555874).
- Become a Promotional Sponsor by conducting, for example, the sale of a menu item and designating a portion of proceeds from sales to support Give Big Kern. Click here to download our Promotional Sponsorship Flyer.
Next year’s Give Big Kern theme is “Give Like It’s a Fiesta!” With your support, we can make it the most fun and festive Give Big Kern ever. Thank you for your kind consideration. We will be happy to answer any questions you might have. Contact Louis Medina, Director of Community Impact, at Louis@kernfoundation.org or 661.616.2603.