- This event has passed.
Growing Resiliency Nonprofit Strengthening Webinar Series Part 4: Your Board and Fundraising
December 2 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
In this Fourth Installment of our Nonprofit Strengthening Virtual Training Series, Kern Community Foundation features a VIRTUAL LIVE WORKSHOP by Candid: “Your Board and Fundraising”!
Workshop Description: While engaging board members in fundraising is something that often proves challenging to many Executive Directors and Development Professionals, this hands-on workshop will help attendees learn:
- The role of your board, including fundraising responsibilities;
- Why some board members may be reluctant to fundraise and how to overcome these concerns;
- Ways your board can participate in fundraising activities, including online fundraising;
- Tips for strengthening your FUNDRAISING BOARD!
Materials will include such sample handouts as:
- Board job description;
- Board contract;
- Board audit.
At the end of the training, attendees will have a better understanding of:
- How build fundraising as an expectation/role/responsibility for existing and incoming board members;
- How to help your board to fundraise;
- How to better recruit and orient board members to your organization;
- How to ensure 100% board participation in Kern County’s Online Day of Giving, Give Big Kern, which will take place Tuesday, May 4, 2021.
This training is ideal for Executive Directors, Development Directors, Board Members and Potential Board Members.
ATTENDANCE IS LIMITED!
To reserve your spot, RSVP to email@example.com by Noon Wednesday, Nov. 25 (the day before Thanksgiving), at the latest. Your RSVP MUST include:
- Your Name
- Nonprofit Agency Affiliation
- Your Title
- Your E-mail
BE SURE TO READ SOME IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS BELOW:
How to Attend
60 – First Come, First Served. Maximum of 2 representatives per agency may sign up to attend AND FOR THIS WORKSHOP, WE RECOMMEND INCLUDING ONE STAFF AND ONE BOARD MEMBER WHENEVER POSSIBLE. A Zoom link will only be shared with those who RSVP per the instructions above.
Must be affiliated (staff, board member, volunteer) with a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that a) serves Kern County, b) is registered with Kern Community Foundation, and c) has attained a minimum Silver Transparency Rating on GuideStar.org.
Kern Community Foundation is providing this customized workshop at no cost to participants. However, once registered, failure to attend without prior written cancellation by Noon Monday, November 30 (as we understand emergencies do come up), will disqualify registrant from attending other subsidized workshops in this series.