Through grantmaking, members of the Women’s and Girls’ Fund become philanthropists and advocates of positive social change. We rely on community research, data and the participation of community members to identify an area of focus each year. Issues of focus can range from women’s and girls’ health and economic concerns to safety and domestic violence, education, and more. We value social change grantmaking that focuses on long-term solutions to societal problems facing women and girls in all parts of Kern County. Additional information is available in our grant policies below. Contact us to learn more, or view our brochure below.
Read about our past grantees below.
Total grant dollars available in 2020: approximately $50,000
Maximum grant request: $25,000
Selected nonprofits may submit full applications on the Foundation’s Online Grant Platform.
- September 9, 2019 – Announcement of Focus Area and LOIs open for Kern nonprofits
- November 8, 2019 (5 pm Pacific Time) – Letters of Intent due online
- December 6, 2019 – Invitations / Declinations to Apply are e-mailed
- January 8, 2020 (Noon – 1:30 pm) – Optional grant writing tutorial focused on this WGF opportunity (Bring Your Own Lunch; applicants who have been invited to submit full proposals are encouraged to attend)
- January 24, 2020 (5 pm Pacific Time) – Full Proposal application packets due online
- February 5, 2020 (1 – 5 pm) – Applicant interviews with WGF Grants Allocation Committee
- February 14, 2020 – Grantees notified of their award (Provisional notice, pending Kern Community Foundation Board approval)
- March 31, 2020 (approximately) – Signed Grant Agreements due
- April 16, 2020 – Grants awarded at Annual Luncheon of The Women’s and Girls’ Fund
LOI Open date
September 9, 2019
November 8, 2019