Helping Students Succeed
As part of the College Access initiative, Kern Community Foundation is dedicated to finding the most effective way to administer scholarships for local students. We currently manage scholarship funds that are awarded to graduating seniors from area high schools. Many of these scholarship are also renewable for continuing college students. Some scholarships were started by families or individuals; others by businesses and organizations. All scholarships share one goal: helping young people reach their education goals by closing the Funding Gap.
Click here to read about our College Access initiative for more information on our scholarship philosophy.
Kern Community Foundation Common Scholarship Application
Launching in 2015, Kern Community Foundation will use its Common Scholarship Application. The application will be used for funds held and managed by the Foundation and for partner organizations.
Apply on our Online Scholarship Portal. Applications will become available on January 15, 2015.
Scholarship Funds at Kern Community Foundation
- Dr. Joseph E. Anderson Scholarship Fund
- Arvin Womens Club, Ellen Kovacevich - Scholarship Fund
- Arvin Womens Club Scholarship Fund
- Larry Carr Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Mayor of Bakersfield Scholarship Fund
- David Moore Agricultural Scholarship Fund
- Partners For Success Scholarship Fund
- Oscar and Libbie Rudnick Scholarship Fund
For more information or assistance, please contact Manager of Grants and Scholarships Alyse Braaten at 661.616.2605 or email@example.com.
If you are interested in starting a scholarship or education fund, we can help.