Resources for advisors
Kern Community Foundation provides as much or as little support as you need to tailor a giving solution to your client’s priorities. From a variety of ways to give to resources that improve the giving experience, we are happy to assist. We offer:
Comprehensive source for planned giving
Research current estate planning tax laws and regulations with the GiftLaw resource library. Take advantage of educational opportunities and seminars, newsletters and trend alerts, in addition to resources such as the gift planning calculator.
Free trust illustrations
We are glad to “run the numbers” for you if a client is interested in a charitable trust. Many clients seek giving opportunities that provide capital gains savings, an income tax deduction and a lifetime income for the donor, donor's spouse or another individual. We can provide tax deductions that are available to your clients as well as illustrations, a description of the gift plan and annual cash flow projections.
Contact us for custom support and to share your ideas. We’ll help you find a solution that’s good for your client, your business and your community.
Would the members of your firm be interested in learning more about how charitable giving can benefit clients? Do you belong to a club or membership organization that would like to learn more about opportunities to give back to community? Contact us for a presentation on any of these topics:
- Charitable giving options
- Community needs and issues
- Our grant making priorities and impact
- Planned giving
- Charitable giving benefits
- Deciding to Give, a checklist that helps your clients determine the type of fund that meets their charitable giving goals, the type of gifts to make as they initiate and grow the fund, and how they wish to involve themselves and other family members in the giving process.
- Comparing Approaches, a matrix that defines the distinctions between donor advised funds and private foundations.